Notes on securing ZOOM meetings
Cyber Security – Zoombombing – [i] Matrix – misuse <https://web.i-matrix.at/cyber-security-zoombombing/>
- Do not make meetings or classrooms public. There are two ways to make a meeting private in Zoom: you can request a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control guest access.
- Do not share a link to a conference call or classroom on an unrestricted publicly accessible social media post. Share the link directly with specific people.
- Manage screen sharing options. In Zoom, change the screen share to „Host only“.
- Ensure that users are using the updated version of the remote access / meeting applications. In January 2020, Zoom updated its software. By default, the teleconferencing software provider added meeting passwords in its security update and disabled the ability to randomly search for and attend meetings.
- Finally, make sure that your organization’s telework policy or guide takes into account physical and information security requirements.